Your chosen Product Group
One-piece Powerelements, millions of successful applications, flexibly configurable
Excellent for high currents
PowerOne High Current Contacts are one-piece Powerelements in solid design which are used for the supply and distribution of high currents to PCBs. They are RoHS & REACH compliant, flexibly configurable and successfully in use in thousands of various designs. Depending on the pin arrangement and the layout, currents of up to 1,000 amperes are possible.
PowerOne can be used in varied applications
- Board-to-board over 90° or packaging
- Wire-to-board screw connection of ring terminals
- Electromechanics such as hinges and case mounting, spacers
- Retainers/fastenings of switches, fuses, IGBTs
- Any combination of all these and much more
Cost effective due to efficient press-fit technology
PowerOne Powerelements from Würth Elektronik ICS are pressed in into the circuit board. Soldering is not necessary temperature stress does not occur in the first place. The manufacturing step easily fits into the process chain and is highly cost effective. With the aid of the corresponding tools, several Powerelements can be pressed in simultaneously.
- For assembling prototypes, no special equipment is needed for pressing in, a simple toggle press is sufficient
- The circuit board needs support during the pressing procedure
- The pressing force must be executed in a 90° angle to the circuit board
- Plated through holes of the circuit board must be executed according to our indications
Circuit Board Design
For the solid press-fit technology the PCBs are to be finished according to the Würth Elektronik ICS Press Fit specifications (see product details). Particular attention should be paid to the drill diameter and the copper thickness. Due to the different layer thicknesses of Hot Air Levelling compared to chemical surfaces, the final diameters vary.
Torques of PowerOne Powerelements
The torques indicated in the table are based on DIN 267 part 25. Different material combinations or different thread lengths of the connectors are not regarded here.
Torque values for brass
|Thread size||M 2.5||M 3||M 4||M 5||M 6||M 8||M 10||M 12|
Currents up to 1,000 amperes
The current carrying capacity of a press-fit connection must always be considered in the context of the overall system. The press-fit zone has a very low electrical contact resistance of 100-200 μOhm. The limiting factor therefore usually lies in the circuit board layout or in the connection of a feed line.