Your chosen Product Group
Two-piece Powerelements, patented solution, flexibly configurable
Twice as good and patented
The two-piece Powerelements are a solution for screw technology on circuit boards patented by Würth Elektronik ICS. These Power Supply Terminals enable a durable and reliable connection and mounting on the PCB without stressing it. Depending on the pin arrangement and the layout, currents of up to 500 amperes are possible. The assembly method allows individual adjustments regarding dimensions.
All PowerTwo Powerelements are RoHS & REACH compliant.
PowerTwo enables a varied application
- Board-to-board stackable
- Wire-to-board screw connection of ring terminals
- Electromechanics, screw technology, spacers
- Retainers/fastenings of switches, fuses, IGBTs
- Any combination of all these and much more
PowerTwo Powerelements are pressed in into the circuit board. Soldering is not necessary, temperature stress does not occur in the first place. This manufacturing step easily fits in to the process chain and is highly cost efficient. With the aid of the corresponding tools, several Powerelements can be pressed-in simultaneously.
- For assembling prototypes, no special equipment is needed for pressing in, a simple toggle press is sufficient
- The circuit board needs support during the pressing procedure
- The pressing force must be executed in a 90° angle to the circuit board
- After the pressing process the pins should stand out of the drilled hole (ca. 0.2-0.5 mm)
- Plated through holes of the circuit board must be executed according to our indications
- PowerTwo High Current Contacts are constructed for pressing, soldering is not intended
Circuit Board Design
For the solid press-fit technology the PCBs are to be finished according to the Würth Elektronik ICS Press Fit specifications (see product details). Particular attention should be paid to the drill diameter and the copper thickness. Due to the different layer thicknesses of Hot Air Levelling compared to chemical surfaces, the final diameters vary.
Torques of PowerTwo Powerelements
The torques indicated in the table are based on DIN 267 part 25. Different material combinations or different thread lengths of the connectors are not regarded here.
Torque values for brass
|Thread size||M 2.5||M 3||M 4||M 5||M 6||M 8||M 10||M 12|
Currents up to 500 amperes
The current carrying capacity of a press-fit connection must always be considered in the context of the overall system. The press-fit zone has a very low electrical contact resistance of 100-200 μOhm. The limiting factor therefore usually lies in the circuit board layout or in the connection of a feed line.