Your chosen Product Group
Lead-free High Current Contacts with maximum torque
Lead-free Powerelements with maximum torque
LF PowerPlus High Current Contacts are made of a lead-free brass base body and a stainless steel screw/nut element. Therefore they offer maximum torque with a comparatively low weight. The special design of the base body allows a double-sided assembling on the same position. Depending on the pin arrangement and the layout, currents of up to 400 amperes are possible. That is the reason why Power Supply Terminals perfectly qualify as connecting elements for fuses and cables to the circuit board or as mounting elements whenever a high torque is required. Various lengths of threaded pins are available.
All LF PowerPlus Powerelements are RoHS & REACH compliant without time limited exemption.
Varied application possibilities
- Wire-to-board screw connection of ring terminals
- Retainers/fastenings, fuses
- For mounting with high torques
Cost efficient due to efficient press-fit technology
Würth Elektronik LF PowerPlus Powerelements are pressed in into the circuit board. Soldering is not necessary, temperature stress does not occur in the first place. This manufacturing step easily fits in to the process chain and is highly cost efficient. With the aid of the corresponding tools, several Powerelements can be pressed in simultaneously.
- For assembling prototypes, no special equipment is needed for pressing in, a simple toggle press is sufficient
- The circuit board needs support during the pressing procedure
- The pressing force must be executed in a 90° angle to the circuit board
- Plated through holes of the circuit board must be executed according to our indications
- LF PowerPlus are constructed for pressing, soldering is not intended
- Only for use with adequate pressing tools
- In case of double-sided use, the smallest Powerelement must be pressed in first
Circuit Board Design
For the solid press-fit technology the PCBs are to be finished according to the Würth Elektronik ICS Press Fit specifications (see product details). Particular attention should be paid to the drill diameter and the copper thickness. Due to the different layer thicknesses of Hot Air Levelling compared to chemical surfaces, the final diameters vary.
Maximum torque with LF PowerPlus Powerelements
The torques indicated in the table are based on DIN 267 part 25. Different material combinations or different thread lengths of the connectors are not regarded here.
Torque values for stainless steel
|Thread size||M 4||M 5||M 6||M 8||M 10||M 12|
Currents up to 400 amperes are possible with LF PowerPlus
The current carrying capacity of a press-fit connection must always be considered in the context of the overall system. The press-fit zone has a very low electrical contact resistance of 100-200 μOhm. The limiting factor therefore usually lies in the circuit board layout or in the connection of a feed line.