Your chosen Product Group
Clamp elements and flat connectors, optional with Faston contacts
High Current Contacts for flexible press-fit technology
PowerFlex Powerelements of Würth Elektronik are designed with flexible press-fit pins and available in different variations:
- Clamp elements, optionally with Faston contacts for the cable connection
- Faston flat male tabs for pressing in directly into the PCB
- Corner connectors for connecting two printed circuit boards at a 90° angle
All PowerFlex Powerelements are RoHS & REACH compliant.
PowerFlex enables a varied application
- Board-to-board over 90° or packaging
- Wire-to-board screw connection of ring terminals
- Faston contacts
- Corner connection 90° board-to-board
Process-optimised processing due to time-saving press-fit technology
PowerFlex Powerelements from Würth Elektronik ICS are pressed in into the circuit board. Soldering is not necessary, temperature stress does not occur in the first place. This manufacturing step easily fits in to the process chain and is highly cost efficient. With the aid of the corresponding tools, several Powerelements can be pressed in simultaneously.
- For assembling prototypes, no special equipment is needed for pressing in, a simple toggle press is sufficient
- The circuit board needs support during the pressing procedure
- The pressing force must be executed in a 90° angle to the circuit board
- Plated through holes of the circuit board must be executed according to our indications
- PowerFlex Powerelements are constructed to be pressed into the circuit board. Soldering is not provided
Circuit Board Design
For the solid press-fit technology the PCBs are to be finished according to the Würth Elektronik ICS Press-Fit specifications (see product details). Particular attention should be paid to the drill diameter and the copper thickness. Due to the different layer thicknesses of Hot Air Levelling compared to chemical surfaces, the final diameters vary.
The torques indicated in the table are based on DIN 267 part 25. Different material combinations or different thread lengths of the connectors are not regarded here.
Torque values for brass
|Thread size||M 2.5||M 3||M 4||M 5||M 6||M 8||M 10||M 12|
Currents up to 400 amperes possible
The current carrying capacity of a press-fit connection must always be considered in the context of the overall system. The press-fit zone has a very low electrical contact resistance. The limiting factor therefore usually lies in the circuit board layout or in the connection of a feed line.